Sunday, December 30, 2007

The one where I played basketball again

Well 2007 will come to an end soon. Guess I should do a recap of the year post. But I'll do that tomorrow.
So today I went for a basketball game. Met some new friends last night and they invited me to join their basketball game in USJ. Damn, its been a long time since I played b-ball. Well the age group was all in their 20s. I joined the team consisting of those on the wrong side of 20. We played 4-on-4 half court. Good thing we played half court since my court awareness was still off.
Well I had a good game myself. But being the new game I had the element of surprise. They didn't know how I played, but managed to show flashes of brilliance for some highlight reel plays. Anyways, my offence pretty much sucked. Couldn't hit the open jumper and my points were mostly from sky hooks. Didn't know I still had that move. My passing game was great. Vision and court awareness still intact except I still wasn't familiar on how my teammates played so some of my passes caught them (and the opponents off-guard). Like when I play futsal, I'm a pass first player, and when it comes to b-ball I watch a lot of Steve Nash play making. Some of the players noticed that I'm a pass first player with the eye for the highlight pass, so they didn't expect me to shoot much, and judging how I was shooting I might as well set up plays.
The surprise of the day for me (and everyone) was my defense. I had 5 blocks. And never had I had 5 blocks in a single game. Some players after being blocked by me did not dare to shoot after that. And I thought my timing was off.
Anyways good game for me and I really missed playing basketball so that game was well needed.

No comments: