Sunday, December 23, 2007

The one with Farrish-Ida's engagement

First of all, Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha. Its pretty much a festive season and I believe no one is really up for work. Guess everyone is winding down and maybe start again come 2008.
Well as the title suggests, my best friend Farrish got engaged to his girlfriend Nurida Salwa, but we call her Ida for short. Actually it was more of a family gig, but Farrish did ask for me to be there and hang with him while the proceedings went on. So while the family discussed the details me and Farrish went to hang at a Starbucks. And it was a first for me, hanging at Starbucks in a full baju melayu outfit. So there you had two guys in full set baju melayu chilling. I bet those who were on IM had plenty to chat about.
We hang for about half-an-hour while waiting for the call from the family that all is well. So then we made our way there and Farrish was being introduced to the family, while I stuffed myself to the spread of food. I was very hungry and was saving my stomach since Farrish mention there was food. So was hanging, drinking teh tarik and making small talk with the other guests.
When the guests left, myself and Farrish and Ida and her friend Suraya was hanging around the hantarans. However, as they all found out my mind does not function after 11pm. So probably their discussions lost me at hello. So now that the engagement is all said and done, next thing for Farrish-Ida will be their nikah night, dated for triple 8.
Again, congrats to Farrish-Ida. All the best with the preparations and the entourage will probably plan the bachelor party (and I have some cool interesting ideas).

No comments: