Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The one with the hundredth

Finally at post number 100. Been a long time coming, but made it. No need to pull out the bubbly yet, lets save it for another occasion.
Another futsal story, but had a great futsal Tuesday session. Our last couple of games was a tad over-crowded and I never found any groove. But today, we had just a nice number and with that a lot of open space for me to exploit. Tonight I played like the Steve Nash of futsal. Always looking to create havoc and getting my teammates open. Had 3 highlight reel worthy assists. First was a thread-through-the-needle-through-pass-past-3-defenders for my teammate Reza to make the easy tap in for the first goal of the night. Second assist was the cheeky-back heel-dumbfounding-2-defenders-clueless-on-where-the-ball-went for Asyraf to hammer home with his trademark lefty bullet. Third assist was probably play of the day. I was surrounded by two defenders, made a back heel flick to Choo, then we pulled of the blink-and-you-will-miss-it-one-two for Choo the finish with an angle shot. A great build up in a blink of an eye. Also had other assists but those three was the highlight. I for once didn't score myself, but for me creating is more fun than scoring. Keep the spirit of joga bonito alive.
Well that's post 100, here's to the next 100.

No comments: