Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The one where I judged a book by its cover

Bought another graphic novel yesterday entitled Batman : Face The Face. It's about Batman, Robin and Nightwing taking time off for God knows what and Batman left everything to the new Harvey Dent. Yes, Two-Face went for cosmetic surgery and is fully cured from split personality. I myself have been away from comics that I lost track of the Batman (and Superman) universe. Apparently a lot of people died.
Well the reason I bought it was it was the next best thing I could find. I was actually looking for Superman : For Tomorrow Volumes 1 & 2. Only found volume 2, so didn't feel like buying it. Alternatively I was looking for Justice Volume 3, Batman Year 1, The Killing Joke, The Long Halloween and 300 (which is sold out). In the end I found this cool cover with Batman and one of his 'batarangs' and blood. The colours used really reflected the Batman world, dark and gloomy.
After flipping through the contents at home, the art sucked. I haven't been drawing for a long time and I know I can draw illustrate better than that. The story was there, but the art wasn't. Found out the art and cover were done by different people. You can say I am very unhappy with the purchase. Maybe I can sell it on ebay.
Just got back from futsal. A very good game. Had lots of fun (winning does help). Manage to score some masterclass goals. It was suppose to be another Manyoo vs The rest game. In the end we played according to colours and mix the players around, since we had the Manyoo vs The rest theme for like 3 weeks already. So the teams were the same and it was getting boring anyway. I ended up in the side with the most Mancunian fans. It was a fun game and open flowing sexy futsal. Even Eke (sole female representative this week) came up with a new goal celebration which caught on to some of the guys.
Guess I need to create a new goal celebration myself. Beginning to run out of ideas.

No comments: