Sunday, April 29, 2007

The one with the karaoke

Karaoke night again. Couldn't think of a catchy title. Probably you'll see that title often. Tonight's performers include Farrish, Shahrizan, Faizah, Amryl and his wife Mimi. We had two who were unable to turn out due the health issues and or tied up with something. Farah and Shahreza were the absentees. Still the show must go on.
Tonight I didn't really belt out the usual. I was going for variety tonight and trying to find songs I have yet to sing. One song I really wanted to sing was Bad English's When I See You Smile. Well I heard it on the radio on my way for lunch with Farrish. Also it kind of fits my thing for girls with that 'killer' smile (you know what I mean).
I realized everyone went for something different tonight. Maybe due to the lack of new hits for example My Chemical Romance songs. Even Farrish for the first time didn't sing 'his' song. Which was a good thing though. We even went Godfather tonight, singing Andy Williams's Speak Softly Love, thanks to Amryl's selection there. To cap the night off, we went Grease, by singing Summer Nights.
Now the song 'When I See You Smile' is in my head.


2 comments:

A RAY OF HOPE said...

It was a great night. Though unfortunately the traffic was terrible. Hey!, I got an idea for your title...what about.."The One Where We Sing Tribute To The King"..considering it was His Highness party night...

Wife, Mother and Daughter said...

haha i found u!! the karaoke was grand dude!! btw, whens our next session? need to practice my vocal chord la...