Sunday, April 15, 2007

The one where I will be leaving the building

Think this will be a long post. Have 4 days worth of stories to post besides the one I've been saving. As the title says, I've finally tendered my resignation and like Elvis, I will be leaving the building. A huge relief for me as a huge boulder has finally been lifted off my shoulders. Hopefully I can get my career back on track.
Well, where do I begin. Maybe I should go day-by-day from Thursday. So the 'sack-the-bank' story will be elaborated after the Thursday story.
On Thursday I met up with some friends at Bangsar Village. Met up with my friend Shakirah and two of her friends from Bank Negara, Julinda and Alma. They just join the market and we just chill and had coffee at Starbuccaneers...I mean Starbucks. For those wondering Starbuccaneers is from one of my favourite games, Monkey Island. Well the 3 ladies have to sit for an exam. The 'Persatuan Kewangan Malaysia Certificate' exams for dealing license. I passed the exams already and they were asking for any tips. I told them honestly that my passes were all flukes and if you ask me to do the exam again most probably flunk in flying colours. Honestly I have no idea how I passed. As for the company Julinda also a sporty girl. She plays tennis, futsal and also basketball. Not many girls I know shoot hoops (meaning basketball not netball). Later that night I began to draft my exit letter and plot the exit.
Friday morning which coincidentally is Friday the 13Th I tendered my resignation with my boss. He asked where I was headed, just told him I be around the area. Then I went off for breakfast. Around 0930 he called me in and ask when I want to leave. I told him I wanted to leave immediately. The nature of my job allows me to leave on 24-notice as once I tender I am no longer authorize to transact any deals for the bank. Then went to Human Resources and filled in the 'exit interview form'. Among the questions asked was if there was any condition I would stay, I filled in 'none'. Then HRD mention Monday 16 April would be my last day with the bank. Finally I would make my exit. Even got my acceptance of resignation letter. Hopefully my new gig will help put my career back on track. Speaking of which, I will start on 3 May 2007 at my new gig.
Later that evening, join for futsal Friday since my ankle was feeling fine after Wednesday. Had fun and banged in 5 goals for good measure and to make up for Wednesday.
Then Shahfaizah called me up and join them for a movie. Went to watch Shooter starring Mark Wahlberg. Cool movie about sniper action.
After movie I join Hafizah and friends at Somo for a friends birthday party. I believe the birthday girl's name was Joyce. Met up with Hafizah's friends (let me see if I can remember all of them) Eke, Nana, Jijie, Nadia and Amu. Found out Nana and Jijie share the same birthday as me. Probably should start a club as I also know some other friends who share the same birthday. Spent most of the night on the comfy chairs with Hafizah and Jijie chatting away since most of the crowd was drunk. Filled them in on my resignation from the bank. Jijie also planning to resign and Hafizah mention one of her staff just tendered. Guess the season where everyone wants to change office address.
Saturday's futsal was fun also. It was raining cats and dogs which created a cooling atmosphere at the futsal court. It allowed me to run like a headless chicken without getting tired. My team made a comeback from being God knows how many goals down.
Then had dinner with Lai Leng. She wanted to buy me a farewell dinner at Chilli's. But something is wrong with me. For the first time I was unable to finish my food. I was shocked when I couldn't finish the remaining quarter of my dish. I take pride in finishing my meals as I don't like to waste food as I know there are people around the world who need food, so we should be grateful for the meal presented to us and finish it. For the past few days I've been suffering an upset stomach resulting a sudden loss of appetite. Very unlike me, but hopefully its not permanent.
After dinner met up with Farah for Starbucking. Yes suddenly it became a verb. Just chat the night away and filled her in on my exit.
Finally Sunday was chilling at home. Watch dvds the whole day. Met up with Hafizah for another Starbucking session in the evening.
Well a long post and a lot of friends mention. Finally tomorrow I will be leaving the building.

1 comment:

FairyGodmother said...

Darling, was reading through your posts and I realizes that most of your friends are GIRLS! You lucky-devil, you!