Friday, April 20, 2007

The one where I'm enjoying my time off

Been some time since my last post (well seems like it). As you all know I'm on 'chilling leave' (gardening leave doesn't sound appropriate. Spent most of my time watching dvds, surfing, movies and playing with my niece who likes to bite me. Things I get for being her favourite uncle. She has a walker now and seems to be enjoying her new found mobility.
Futsal Tuesday was pretty much fun. Played goalie most of the time. Almost achieved the prestige. Wanted to play outfield, but my team was in rhythm so didn't want to spoil the rhythm and movement. Besides pulled off some spectacular saves. Still in need of a new pair of boots, not sure how many games i can get out of my current pair. Size still an issue and sometimes its the design. Yes, I'm particular about these things. I'm more comfortable with adidas Predators. Best pair of boots you can get. I use the leather material as its more comfy and allows better ball control (well for me anyway).
Went for karaoke lunch on Wednesday at RedBox Lowyat with some ex-colleagues and friends. Other performers include Fizan, Rubil, Rina, Bob and Mel. Realize that I forgot to tell Mel that I was leaving. But mention it was a move I had to make. One thing about Mel, shes the only one that calls me Clark at work. Long story cut short I went to a dinner dressed as Clark Kent, complete with the Superman t-shirt underneath and my glasses are similar to the mild-mannered reporter.
After the rock concert, went for a movie. Catch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It was a movie to fill time. Nothing to shout about. After movie went to Attic, Bangsar. A friend of a friends birthday party. It was a nice place to chill and relax and the cool thing is its a 'no-smoking' joint.
Yesterday had a barrel of laughs. Went for Wild Hogs. A movie about 4 men going through mid-life crisis and going on a road trip on their Harleys. Went with Fizah and we were both laughing non-stop the whole movie. Its one of those laugh-a-minute movies. Then had post-movie drinks at Coffee hut. Bump into Rizvi there also. Ended up talking about Harry Potter as Rizvi and myself haven't read the books just the movie and Fizah knows her Potter trivia.
Saw the new Spiderman 3 trailer. It was damn cool. Can't wait for it. The fun part is there's actually footage of Venom's transformation and Venom in action.
Something to look forward to next month, besides new job.

No comments: