Monday, July 2, 2007

The one where I had to be more than Superman

Just realized that my previous post was my 50th. Coincidentally it was about my birthday. What are the odds.
Well Monday's events had reality kick in again. Shorthanded at the office, and really had to be more than Superman as well as displaying Jedi-like patience. All pulled off reluctantly. And I'm pretty much hungry as I didn't have lunch, and didn't eat what my colleague bought for me until 5pm.
So what happened? Well only 3 dealers on duty in my desk (minus the bosses). But in the end only two were really working. It was pretty much expected and we did try our best. Well the one guy who didn't seem to pull his weight was expected to just do enough for himself. Didn't even have the courtesy to help out. Also when you included external disturbances in the force, its hard to get anything done. They all forget that I am just one man. So many things to do, so little time, and too many demands from those who don't seem to understand that we are trying.
In the end we finished everything and that mention with the fact a lot of people breathing down our necks.
Besides work I was frustrated with the system. I was pulling my hair out most of the time. I admit when it comes to machines I'm a perfectionist. I want to control and take over the system. So when I got called out for a lot of mistakes I was damn frustrated and felt like wielding my lightsaber wild.
Anyways lets hope for a relatively normal day tomorrow. Too tired to elaborate further.

No comments: