Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The one where I became creative-attacking-genuis to villain

Futsal day today. Been really looking forward to futsal these days. Been an outlet for all the stress I've been under. Been screaming and shouting a lot during games usually after a great assist, breathtaking goal and also on the occasional miss when I should have scored.
Today's game was a whole lot of fun. Gliding and dancing along the left flank. Beating defenders and making the cross for a simple tap-in for a teammate. Beating the defenders was a whole lot of fun, getting to the byline, making everyone think I ran out of space before one last ball controlling move to cross to a teammate. Honestly sometimes I'm not sure what I'll be doing, as I really see what is laid in front of me. There are times I myself wonder how I pulled of that move. At times its all quick thinking and instincts. But as long I pull it off than I have no complaints. Just want to keep the game exciting, entertaining and fun.
Now for the villain part. Went for 50-50 ball with the goalie. He slid down to clear it which he did and I jump to avoid any contact with him. Next thing I knew he was getting up while I was in mid-air. Realize my hang time isn't what it use to and in my attempt to land my feet I accidentally hit him on the neck. It was unintentional as everyone saw (I hope) that I tried to avoid any contact with him. After the collision I didn't continue playing as I need to help out my friend off-court. Got him an ice-pack as there was swelling at his neck. Anyways hope its nothing serious and hopes he recovers soon.
At least the game has help me put my personal issues aside, even if its just for that one hour of playing time.

No comments: