Sunday, October 14, 2007

The one with the first day of Raya

First of all, Selamat Hari Raya to all. Hope you all had a pleasant raya and healthy raya. As for me, I'm still unwell, but still manage to go through the days events.
As usual, we headed to my grandma's crib in Kajang. This year around my whole family members had the company of three babies together. My niece Aina Amirah and my cousin's kids Kamelia Ayiesha and Alejandro Ishmael. The 'Triple-A' combo as I would call them. As well as all my cousins back in Kajang this time around. Its nice to finally meet up and catch up since its been awhile since we hang together. And also my uncle was around for a bit before duty calls. Apparently his job is one of those round-the-clock gigs. Anyways the rest of the day was spent by visiting my grandma's neighbours (which I know is somehow related) as well as entertaining guests. Well I didn't really play host, just spent most of the time in my uncle's room watching TV. However it was a rainy raya, since it rained most of the afternoon.
Went back home and embarked on a project to rebuild (more like upgrade) the computer I bought from my previous employer. Long story cut short, I was allowed to buy back the computer for RM 50. Pentium 4 PC, but still needed work RAM-wise, DVDROM wise and wi-fi-wise. All three which I just resolved. I transferred the DVDROM from my current PC to the new one and installed a new DVDROM and DVD burner in my current PC. As for RAM, I still had two 256MB sticks lying around which I now have a use for. Since I already have a router all I need was a USB wireless receiver for the internet connection. Yes, I do enjoy upgrading and rebuilding computers but being a gamer, the specs I need would cost an arm and a leg.
Finally, thanks to the fasting month I manage to trim down to my ideal weight at 175lbs. Now to see if I can maintain.

No comments: