Sunday, June 22, 2008

The one with another quiet weekend

I feel I must be on some losing streak here. Then again thats nothing new. So after my Lakers were defeated in the quest for the NBA title, my Dutch team bowed out of the Euros.
Guess the team faltered after all the hype, especially the way they dominated the group stages. Guess it just was not meant to be. Despite going a goal down, we pulled back to even the score with four minutes left. Then late in extra-time we conceded two goals and were sent packing. Not to mention the numerous sms-es I received especially from the Italian fans.
Before the game futsal Saturday was one of the great games. I wore my new Holland jersey and scored some great goals. Most of which are uncharacteristically me. Most of them were long range efforts. But since I couldn't find an open teammate due to good defending my the opposition I made use of the space given. And the guys are agreed they had a great game.
Managed a double feature at the cinemas this week. Get Smart and Made of Honor. Both were great entertainment and good for a barrel of laughs. Especially Made of Honor. Didn't expect to enjoy since to me it was My Best Friend's Wedding in reverse. It was also the typical, the right one is always right in front of you except you just don't know it until its too late story. As for Get Smart, they captured the essence of the TV series without trying to be the TV series. They made it fresh while staying true the what made the series a joy to watch. They even had those classic one liners.
Besides movies and futsal, my weekend was pretty much quiet.

No comments: