Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The one with the short fuel post

Just got home and saw a common sight. A petrol stations were packed and jammed heading to it. So with fuel prices going up, guess there will be more faces on the train. Good thing I have my iPod to keep me company.
First of all, a shout out to Liz. She finally manage to leave the same building I left a year ago. Its been a long time coming, but I for one am happy that she manage to break out. All the best at your new gig. Maybe I too should start looking for a new gig myself.
So fuel prices are going up and everyone makes a dash to petrol stations and refuel. Honestly I don't see the point as we still have to refuel anyways with the new price. I for one did my refueling last night as my tank was almost empty.
A chain-reaction will soon begin from this price hike. One, I think trains will be packed again. Probably see a lot of new faces. Two, maybe people will quit smoking in order to save money. Also prices everywhere will start to skyrocket. I probably might have to change my rock-god lifestyle.
Anyways, I do believe there should be a give-and-take between the people and the people running the nation. But all I've seen so far is take, take and more taking. You want to reduce fuel subsidy is fine. But why does everything have to keep going up. The only thing going down is salary increments. There is no indication of trying to help the burden on our shoulders. And having a better public transportation system would be an added bonus.
A large number of people will be hit badly including yours truly. But judging from past experiences, we just have to deal with it. As if anyone gives a damn, right.
Guess its time for me to just use my superpowers and fly to work. So much for trying to fit in and be normal.

1 comment:

A RAY OF HOPE said...

Don't forget to take off your glasses before taking off.