Thursday, June 26, 2008

The one with Beauty and the Beast

Went for the Beauty and the Beast musical last night. It was a great show full of song and dance. Based on the Disney cartoon from a few (???) years back. So most of the songs were familiar. Even wanted to sing-a-long but my colleagues warned me of I did, they wouldn't know me.
Before I go into the play, its very, very sad that my fellow countryman have poor theater etiquette. Mainly on punctuality. Then again its not just plays, but almost everything which regards time. The show was suppose to start at 8pm, but only to start at 8.30pm. I am one of those who prides myself with punctuality. I try my utmost best to be where I need to be earlier than expected. It was very annoying to see people take their own sweet time coming in. If I received a dollar for every person that came late, I would be rich.
Anyways, back to the play. Great show overall. The music, the dances and the colours. It was a joy to watch. The familiar tunes from the movie were in my mind. Just sang-a-long to it in my mind, while trying to keep still. Even the characters resembled the characters from the movie.
One song I enjoyed was 'Be Our Guest'. That was well done and lively. That was one song I was humming to before the play and after. Even carried on to this morning also.
Now, I'm going to youtube to watch that scene again.

No comments: