Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The one with the induction

After a year plus with AM they finally decided to send me for an induction course. Which to me is probably a waste of my wasted time. Besides I wasn't too thrilled about it. Makes you feel back at school or college.
It was 3 day event with the first 2 days in Ilham Resort, Port Dickson. The third day (which is tomorrow will be at my building). Its suppose to be one of those 'team-building' activities. And most of the time in my head I was saying "do I look like I give a damn". Seriously most of the events really bored me.
However there were moments which I enjoyed. Mainly the last event where the team had to act out a scene involving names or occupations we picked. My group had a really diverse group of selections and putting it together was a headache. Even I couldn't think of a script. But my role was easy and all I had to do was play my part. Getting the other parts to connect with my character was not easy. Despite the setbacks, we somehow won the best performance. And my part, was to play a local politician. My act, sleep while standing, announce fuel price hike and get the reporters to revert questions to my son-in-law. Think you can figure that one out.
Also made a number of new friends. Which was practically the whole idea for me. Me and my roommates had great fun. Especially while we were watching the Holland-Italy game. The whole room were rooting for the Dutch and only one guy supporting the Italians. And it was a good game overall, very end-to-end stuff.
So tomorrow will be back in my building. Back to work as usual.

No comments: