Monday, June 23, 2008

The one with the 'lost' and 'found' handphone

A very funny thing happened to me today. Seriously you be thinking whether I'm a genius worthy of the Noble prize or not.
This happened after work. As I got into my car when I reached Kelana Jaya station. When I got in my car I know I have my wallet and iPod with me. But didn't check my mobile as I keep in a small pouch on my bag.
As I exited the car park, I decided to check for me phone. It was not in the pouch!!! So I parked my car at the side and began searching. Looked everywhere, under the seats and all. First thing that came to mind was that it fell out as I was getting into the car. So i drove back to the car park and found nothing. Figured someone must have taken it. I searched again but to no avail.
Then made my way to Maxis Centre in TTDI. It was closed but they had a phone for customer service. Made the call to suspend the line. Then I was advised to get my new sim card at Maxis Centre in Sunway Pyramid, since they close at 10.00pm. Got my new sim card and they will bill me in my next statement.
So I was with a sim card without the phone. In my mind I was thinking of checking out the new models on the net. See what I can buy. Probably one of the latest toys. As for iPhone, I'm giving it a miss. It's a piece of crap. The iPod touch is way better.
So when I got home I decided to look one more time. Guess what? I found it under the carpet at the co-pilot side. And since I've already suspended the sim card, I lost all my contacts which are saved on the sim card.
You probably are wondering why on earth didn't I call my phone. Well as usual I was alone and didn't occur to me at that time. Come to think of it, a lot of things didn't come to mind.
At least now, it gives me a chance to spring clean my contacts list.

No comments: