Saturday, June 7, 2008

The one with the karaoke

I'm beginning to run out superlatives for karaoke-based titles. So just figure I'll leave it as plain karaoke title. And yes, no more fuel-related posts.
So a dinner-karaoke-birthday bash for Suraya. Which was with her sisters, close friends, Farrish-Ida and somehow I was dragged along. We had dinner at the restaurant in town, Bubba Gump. Well you figure with the hype and all the food would be good. For me, it totally sucked! Didn't really enjoy the food. Or maybe I was just more excited about karaoke I didn't really bother about food.
Next up, another rocking out session. With this being a totally new group one would figure I will try to behave. Haha, sadly that did not happen and with Farrish leading the way, we both rocked out the crowd to a karaoke performance for the ages. We practically killed ourselves early by starting the night with two Bon Jovi numbers (You Give Love A Bad Name and Born To Be My Baby) and a Backstreet Boys number (Drowning). Knowing us, we still kept going. And really killed off the night with a more and more hit performances. With so many hits I totally forgot what we sang. And with my rocking it out, I was sweating till my shirt was wet. Mental note to self, bring small towel for next karaoke.
Besides the rockstars, the others got in on the act. We had songs which requires group participation where everyone had to get up and dance and sing. That was well choreographed. There were some photos taken, not sure if it will make Facebook, but we should have put in on video. We could be youtube sensations overnight.
Now for me to drink lots of water and get back my voice.


No comments: