Saturday, March 10, 2007

300 and the aftermath

Went to watch 300 12.00 am show at GSC OU. It was pretty good. I've read some books about Spartans. So the beginning of the show wasn't all that Greek to me. The special effects and graphics were top-notch. The movie was based on Frank Miller's graphic novel on Battle of Thermopylae. I haven't read it yet, but if the directors kept in line with Mr Miller's writing, then they shouldn't go wrong.
The movie was about how 300 Spartans defended their country against 1million Persians. Pretty much a battle of tactical wits and blood, gore and violence. Lead by King Leonidas the Spartans manage to hold their own against whatever the Persians threw at them. The strategy was quite simple. Draw the large Persian armies to a narrow canyon where they can't take advantage of their numbers.
Overall it's a great movie and i highly recommend it to anyone in search of an entertaining history lesson.
After the movie, on our way to pay for parking, one of my friends got hit by a car. My friend unhappy that the driver was un-pedestrian-friendly gave the passengers a piece of her mind. Then again guess they don't take bruised ego's well and retaliated with words I don't think I want to write here (my blog is PG rated..I think). Another friend came in, and brought my friend away from the scene to prevent from matters getting worse.
After all that, we all decided to meet up at the 24-hour A&W in Petaling Jaya. Me and my friend were first to arrive, so we ordered first. At one counter two men were arguing about God knows what, and suddenly began throwing punches. Since no one was doing anything about it, I decided to intervene (which sadly I regret so doing) to calm things down. One of the guys had a cut at his lip and pushed me away with blood on his hands. Let's just say it was a bad day to be wearing white. Then one of the men left, so everybody went on their business. I went back to queuing to order my drink. Suddenly the man with the cut lip came charging in again after the other man. I intervened again (stupid) but at least a big guy came in to help calm the situation. That's when I decided I should just walk out and leave. Apparently one of the guys was drunk. I then called my friends and suggest change of plan. A&W was not safe. Then went to my car, change my t-shirt and wore back my office shirt from earlier in the day. We ended up going to Maju Curry House for drinks.
The sad part of this whole thing is that no one from A&W management or staff did anything to help. At least call the cops or something. They decided to ignore the safety of their patrons. Unless they call the cops later I wouldn't know. It's safe to say I wouldn't be dining there for a period of time.
Lesson learnt today, I now know the meaning of innocent bystander.

1 comment:

nadya.s said...

salam.
salute you lah.

:)