Sunday, March 4, 2007

Am I Really Blogging About Shoes?

One of the toughest things for me and one I don't really enjoy doing is buying shoes. Shoes for all occasions. Its tough because my size is not widely sold in our shores. It's not my fault, I woke up in the morning like this.
My shoe size is 12. Probably in most foriegn lands I can find my size easily. Here, lets just say manufacturers have yet realized that the 21st century Malaysian had grown. Thanks to a steady diet of uncle Sanders chicken and cousin Ronald's burgers and fries, Malaysians these days are a growing bunch. Its not uncomman these days to find kids still in school already at my height. The scary thing is that they are still growing.
Recently I purchased a new pair of shoes for work. My office shoes don't really last, due to the wear and tear. I walk a lot and i commute to work via train. Had to find shoes which were designed using a larger cutting. So now in order to ensure the longevity of my shoes, I wear my joggin shoes to work, and leave my office shoes at the office. At least walking the distance is more comfortable now.
I'm now in the midst of buying a new pair of football boots and basketball shoes. However, so far I have not found my size. Probably have to buy them online as I did my last pair. Thank God for e-bay.

No comments: