Sunday, March 18, 2007

The one where Lana finds out the truth and other short stories

Hola! (I went for Pan's Labyrinth, which would explain the Spanish intro). I don't know why I picked the title above, maybe just the first thing that pops to mind (mainly due to the fact that I'm posting this blog after watching the latest episode of Smallville).
The latest episode is the wedding between Lex Luthor and Lana Lang. Never really understood all the double-L's in the Superman universe. I won't explain in detail about the episode, just the one fact that Lana finally sees for herself Clark's powers as well as the torment that Clark's goes through when Lana says those two words at the altar (yes i know Clark will end up with Lois in the future, but that's television).
Seeing the role Lana plays in Clark's life (well in Smallville anyway), I somehow relate it to a friend of mine. Allow me to define, Lana being the one he cares for the most and would do anything to protect her but no matter how hard he tries its just not meant to be and he can't accept the fact and move on.
That's where friends come in **cue theme song of friends**. I lost count the number of times I told him to move on. I also told him if its meant to be she will come, but don't put your life on hold for her. I too suggested ways to keep his mind off her. My suggestions include getting involved in sports. It really a good outlet of anger-hate-frust-torment. Trust me, it does work and does the soul good.
Right, enough of playing the Dr. Phil role (which I played out for another friend last night, but thats another story).
Played futsal on Saturday (17 March 2007) and almost produce a moment of sheer brilliance and magic. I juggle the ball over one defender and volley the ball towards goal. Unlucky for me it hit the upright. If it went in it would have probably made ESPN's Top-Ten-Plays-of-the-Day and if my recorded the moment I would have posted it on youTube and adidas.com for their Predator vs F50 campaign. That moment of brilliance was stuff that usually works in my mind and dreams.
Another lazy Sunday, spent most of the daylight hours sleeping or as Hafizah would call it **doosh**. Actually was suppose to be on stand-by to go to office for some system upgrade, but the initial stage took longer than expected and there was no need for me to come. Which would only mean that Monday will be a very long day (can I call in sick tomorrow?). Never understood why we had to pick a lousy-unfriendly-inefficient-time consuming system. Everyday I feel like whipping put my light saber and hack and slash the system server and any piece of hardware related to it. Hold that thought, maybe I will.
Met up with Hafizah for drinks around 3.30ish in Plaza Damas. Then she headed to her salsa class and I headed to Taman Tun to jog. Only manage two laps today as it was freaking hot. Like they say, its global warming.
Almost forgot, I cooked myself a meal for lunch since I was home alone. I found sausages, macaroni and instant soup in the kitchen. I added all that with butter, cheese and olive oil (???). Guess its safe to say that celebrity chefs have nothing to worry about. I should just stick to what I do best which is...damn, haven't got a clue.

No comments: