Saturday, March 31, 2007

The one with the karaoke and graphic novels

Yesterday (Friday) I checked out the karaoke joint in OneUtama named Neway. Being a usual patron of RedBox, this was a different experience for me. Went there with Hafizah as one of those 'last-minute-spontaneous-decisions-in-need-to-unwind-after-long-day-at-the-office'. Yup, had a long day at work again and its something not within my control. More on this later.
When we arrived there was an available room ready. The place looked very posh and they had very nice giant screen tvs. The only problem was that the remote control and song selection was a task for rocket scientists. It took some time to figure out how the controls work (even after being taught how to use it). The system they used wasn't very much user friendly or am I too familiar with the remote at Redbox.
Once I got the hang of it, I sang my usual numbers and so did Hafizah. I was happy to find out that they had some songs which did not feature at RedBox. I finally managed to sing Radiohead's Creep, Goo Goo Dolls's Iris and Franz Ferdinand's Take Me Out. Felt pretty good after singing Creep even though had trouble hitting the high notes as usual. It was pretty much fun as we jump around the room with reckless abandon. Even sang Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody and some Bee Gees tunes complete with their helium sounding voice. Elvis's Burning Love and Suspicious Minds were also rocked out by me. Even had time to go Grease, sang the duet Summer Nights.
As for work, lets just say the system f***ed up again. After doing whatever needs to be done, we could only access the system at 7.00PM. Which is ridicules. Can't believe in this IT age where everything is evolving everyday, there is still a system which got left behind. This particular system is not worthy enough to be used by professionals. Lets just say this is not the sytem let me down. Very, very unreliable.
Today's futsal session was an unbalanced game. We had 9 players today so we played 4-on-5. At least this week we had a camerawoman (Lan's partner) to take game footage. After initial review after the game, think there are some footage which is Youtube worthy. Will put it up on this blog once I'm done with the editing (but don't hold your breath). Watch this space.
Went to Border's at The Curve after that. Bought Nail Gaiman's Book of Magic. Which is where J.K. Rowling ripped the idea of Harry Potter from. On the subject of comics, I'm missing 4 titles from my collection. Batman's Hush volume 1 & 2 (art by JIm Lee) and Superman's Birthright and Secret Identity. Damn frustated since I wanted to read it again and it had a great storyline and also great art. Guess Nail Gaiman will have to do for now. Will continue search tomorrow.
Think I must use the force to locate my missing graphic novels.

No comments: